Intention-setting.
Ah yes, it's been awhile. Integration has been the most difficult part of training and sort of feels like it will never be complete -- some parts of me don't integrate, which is cool and good and new and full of possibility actually. I like the new ways I fit and don't fit places. I defended my thesis and finished university. I have been on an art tirade.
That's why I'm writing again. I have been thinking a great deal about intention-setting, only because I have been watching intentions unfold almost falling straight out of my mouth. I decided, realized (the same thing -- I'll talk about that some other time), at training that this would be a summer of art, of establishing my identity as an artist (to myself; by proxy, to the world). I am an artist, after all. (See!) My artist self has been in impatient hibernation for most of five years of university. My summer project is to call myself an artist. Since I finished writing my thesis I have painted three paintings, one giant ceiling mural (it's a magic spell), and begun work on two nests. I've been waking up, doing art for two hours, eating breakfast, doing art until dinner, doing art all night until bed. Sometimes it isn't even what I want to be doing but it demands to be done. On top of insane compulsions art supplies have been falling out of the sky to me. A few days ago a friend dropped off three ten-foot tall canvas (free) and my roommate just gave me a beautiful history of a toolbox filled with rejected mediums (pencils pastels pastels charcoal charcoal comte oils goache, plus paper). It's a treasure.
I'm working on a painting for a ceremony I'm helping with, thereby working on my organizing skills and keeping me connected to another of my always-expanding artistic and spiritual communities.
I am experiencing (and so I am sharing) that setting a true intention, a wise spirit-true intention, creates near instant change.
No comments:
Post a Comment