Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 21 & 22

There are only three days left in this training... and the last is ceremony. I can't believe it. I can't believe I'm going to have to leave all the amazing beings I've encountered here for I don't know how long before we'll reunite. I feel like I've just started to get to know who they are and I want to dive deep into knowing them but we've run out of time. Many live in Seattle; I think I'll be coming back here to visit often.

Yesterday I spent about 20 minutes in wheel practicing assists, with a tweaked low back. It is a testament to the safety and healing of this style of yoga that I can be properly warmed up so as to hang in wheel with a smile on my face when I'm tweaky!

(here I fall asleep without finishing . . . )

I was listening to a rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, yesterday, by an old co-volunteer, and it made me realize how raw and open I've become over this training. It also made me realize how much I want to stay always raw and ever-opening to feeling, so that the sweetness of the beauty in the world can was through me like his song did.

Since the last progression I've made in my teaching, the last intro class I taught, I feel like I'm at a plateau again. We're teaching more advanced classes to our peers, now; we sequence a class and then rotate at ten-minute intervals. It's easier because everyone knows the poses and don't need to be demo'd to and walked into in the same way, but I still always get up there and freeze, and can't see anything to correct in the poses, and all the fun, energetic things I had in my head to keep the energy up fall out. It's frustrating... and I probably shouldn't be storing them in my head ;) . But I do feel pretty capable of sequencing a safe and interesting class, now, and that's big. That was one of my major impetus for taking this training: learning how to sequence. I know I know the poses, and I can see and empath corrections, and see correct and incorrect poses, but I'm having trouble putting them all together. It will come in time, but I can't believe there's no time left in training for it to come! And my peers say pretty good things about me, so I'm sure I'm not doing as badly as I think I am.

I think I'm leaving out things I wanted to say, but I'm exhausted, and going to bed.

MM

No comments: