Day 10, with a little perspective
I called my friend Sue, who owns Unity Yoga, and she reminded me that there is life outside of this yoga training, which I needed. I have a real tendency to get totally swept up in what I'm doing, whatever it might be, and lose track of myself and real life.
So I'm reminded to do what Ana herself told us to do: find what's true for me. Maybe I don't believe everything she has told us, maybe it is not all true for me. I'm going to engage more of a gently critical mind toward this training, sounding for how I feel more. I'm sure that Ana pushes us, and uses some degree of regiment, so that we can react with the force of self to her admonitions. She is trying to draw our unique selves out in full light, and I know she's wise enough to know that not all of what's true for her will be true for us. She teaches that.
And one tendency I can really work with is not getting so swept up in any one thing to lose myself. I do that with everything, and it doesn't serve me. Strange to think that on a journey into self one could completely lose sense of self. I could do with thinking about it a little less. Effort in place of patience!
Sue also told me that tomorrow is the new moon, not today, and that today is a pig day: I am always, with no exception, utterly lost and confused on pig days. That's encouraging.
I feel reset, and I'm going to bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment